Friday, September 9, 2011

Full Freeway Closures on I-710 This Weekend

Beginning tonight and continuing through Monday morning, September 12, Caltrans will be closing I-710 in both directions TWICE to replace aging pavement as part of the Long-Life Pavement Rehabilitation Project from Firestone Boulevard to Slauson Avenue. Ramps and connectors will be affected as well.

Here's the closure schedule:

All freeway lanes closed:

> Friday at 11:59 p.m. until Saturday at 6 a.m.

> Sunday at 11 p.m. until Monday at 5 a.m.

Closed ramps:

> On-ramps to northbound I-710: Imperial Highway, Firestone Blvd. and Florence Avenue

> On-ramps to southbound I-710: Atlantic Boulevard, Florence Avenue and Firestone Boulevard

> Off-ramps from southbound I-710: Florence Avenue and Firestone Boulevard

Closed connectors:

> Eastbound and westbound I-105 connector to northbound I-710

There will be signed detours in place, so you'll be able to get around the closure. To avoid delays, you may want to avoid I-710 and use an alternate route.