Thursday, October 13, 2011

Who Are You Going to Call?

Getting mixed up, a little confused as to who to call about your transportation needs? Daily, at Caltrans we receive calls from residents who aren’t sure whether they need to speak to Caltrans or the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT). Well let’s try to quickly breakdown the differences to help you get to where you need to go. Here are a few frequently asked questions:

Q: I received a parking ticket while parked on a street in the City of Los Angeles?
A: Call LADOT. Please call 3-1-1 for Los Angeles City services.

Q: I need to update by ambulance driving permit in the City of LA?
A: Call LADOT. Please call 3-1-1 for Los Angeles City services.

Q: There is a pothole in the number 1 lane on the eastbound I-10 just before Grand Avenue.
A: Call Caltrans. Maintenance will schedule a road maintenance crew to come out and repair the pothole. Remember, there are over 1100 freeway miles in Los Angeles County, so our crews are quite busy.

Q: There’s graffiti on Soto St. off-ramp on eastbound SR-60, who should I call?
A: Call Caltrans. The Special Crews maintenance region will schedule crews to change or clean graffiti off of freeway signs.

Caltrans is the builds, maintains, and operates the state’s highways and freeways. Sometimes knowing who to call is a little tough, but we are here to help.