FULL FREEWAY CLOSURES will occur in both directions:
• Friday (9/30) at 11:59 p.m. until Saturday (10/1) at 6 a.m.
• Sunday (10/2) at 11 p.m. until Monday (10/3) at 5 a.m.
CLOSED ramps and connectors throughout the weekend:
• On-ramps to N/B 710: from Imperial Highway, Firestone Blvd. & Florence Ave.
• On-ramps to S/B 710: from Atlantic Blvd., Florence Ave. & Firestone Blvd.
• Off-ramps from N/B 710: to Florence Ave. & Firestone Blvd.
• Eastbound & westbound I-105 connector to northbound I-710.
Motorists are reminded of a 45 mph speed limit and narrow lane widths during the Extended Weekend Closures. This freeway segment is a designated Construction Zone where a 45 mph limit will be enforced by the California Highway Patrol. Due to narrow lane widths, oversized loads are not permitted. Plan ahead and use alternate routes and detours. The closure schedule is weather-permitting and is subject to change. The work is part of a $65 million project to rehabilitate aging pavement and provide the roadway with several decades of service life, improved pavement performance and a smoother ride for the traveling public. The project is estimated to complete by spring 2012.
For more information on the I-710 full freeway closure schedule, visit www.dot.ca.gov/dist07 or follow us on Twitter or right here at The Caltrans Connector blog at caltransd7info.blogspot.com