Thursday, January 26, 2012

I-5 Freeway Closures

If you drive I-5 in the San Fernando Valley, there are some upcoming closures we want you to know about. These will be full freeway closures at night when most of us are fast asleep, so they won’t affect motorists with daytime work hours. But if you travel at night, you could be impacted. Only one direction will be closed each night. Here are the details:

Northbound I-5

Dates: Jan. 29 to Feb. 1
Times: 11:59 p.m. to 6 a.m.

Southbound I-5

Dates: Feb. 1-2, 5, 12-16
Times: 11:59 p.m. to 6 a.m.

For each closure date, the closure begins on the date listed and ends the following morning. For example, on Feb. 1, the closure will begin at 11:59 p.m. on Feb. 1 and end at 6 a.m. on Feb. 2.

The closures are part of a project that’s building a new connector between I-5 and SR-170 and carpool lanes on I-5 between SR-170 and SR-118. Crews will be working on the new connector during the closures. As always, the closures are subject to change, and detours will be signed. (See map at left.)


If you have questions, visit the I-5 website or call the toll-free hotline at (855) 454-6335.