Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Southbound I-5 Closures in the San Fernando Valley

For those of you who drive I-5 in the San Fernando Valley, a friendly reminder about the freeway closures now underway. Tonight is the last night of the northbound closures. Southbound closures start tomorrow night. Details:

Dates: Feb. 1-2, 5, 12-16
Time: 11:59 p.m. to 6 a.m.

For each closure date, the closure begins on the date listed and ends the following morning. For example, on Feb. 1, the closure will begin at 11:59 p.m. on Feb. 1 and end at 6 a.m. on Feb. 2.

The closures are part of a project that's building a new connector between I-5 and SR-170 and new carpool lanes on I-5 between SR-170 and SR-118. Crews will be working on the new connector during the closures. As always, the closures are subject to change, and detours will be signed. (See map above.)

If you have questions, visit the I-5 website or call the toll-free hotline at (855) 454-6335.