Monday, March 19, 2012

Closure in the San Fernando Valley: Branford Street

If you live in the San Fernando Valley near I-5 and Branford Street, there’s a closure coming up this week we’d like you to know about.

Branford Street will be closed under I-5 from midnight to 6 a.m. beginning Tuesday night, March 20, through Friday morning, March 23. Flaggers will be on site to allow access to local traffic. See map at right for detours.

Two lanes of northbound I-5 will also be closed on the same dates and during the same times, but traffic can still get through. Be sure to slow down when you see the cones.

Why the closures? It’s part of the carpool lane project now in progress on I-5 between SR-118 and SR-170. This week, crews will begin removing portions of the bridge rails to accommodate the widening of the freeway. For the safety of motorists, we need to close the road below the worksite and the freeway adjacent to it.

You may hear construction noise during this operation, but it will not exceed levels allowed by state and federal regulations.

For more information about the project, check out the I-5 website or call us on the I-5 toll-free hotline: 855.454.6335.