Thursday, March 8, 2012

Concrete Pour Tonight on Northbound I-5, Closures Overnight

If you use I-5 near SR-14, there’s a full freeway closure tonight we’d like you to know about. Northbound I-5 at SR-14 will be closed tonight, March 8, at 10 p.m. until tomorrow morning, March 9, at 5 a.m. But you won’t have to get off the freeway — you’ll be detoured onto the Truck Route. And at least two lanes of the connector from northbound I-5 to northbound SR-14 will remain open.

The closure is necessary so that crews can pour concrete for the new I-5/SR-14 direct connector. The photo at right shows the columns that will support the connector deck.

Here are a couple more closures associated with tonight's concrete pour:

* The connector from westbound I-210 to northbound I-5 will be closed during the same window.

* Up to two lanes of southbound I-5 will be closed between Weldon Canyon and Balboa Boulevard tonight at 11 p.m. until tomorrow at 4 a.m.

Electronic signs will alert motorists to the detour in advance of the closures.

Questions? Call the toll-free I-5 Hotline at (855) 454-6335 or visit the I-5 website.