Monday, April 2, 2012

Northbound I-5 Carmenita Rd. Ramp Closures




Caltrans will close the northbound Santa Ana Freeway (Interstate 5) off-ramp and on-ramp at Carmenita Road in Santa Fe Springs and Norwalk on the following two nights:
• Overnight on Wednesday April 4: from 7 p.m. to Thursday, April 5 at 6 a.m.
• Overnight on Thursday, April 5: from 7 p.m. to Friday, April 6 at 6 a.m.

Motorists traveling northbound I-5 to Carmenita Road from Orange County can use the off-ramps at Valley View Ave. or Rosecrans Ave. – the exits preceding and following Carmenita Rd.
Alternate northbound I-5 on-ramps are located at:

• Valley View Ave./Firestone Blvd./Gateway Dr. in La Mirada;
• Freeway Dr./Alondra Ave. in Santa Fe Springs;
• Rosecrans Ave. in Norwalk.

Detours will be posted. The detour from Carmenita Road is to continue north on Carmenita; then west on Rosecrans Avenue.

The overnight work involves geotechnical soil sampling and testing as part of the $380 million I-5 Widening and Carmenita Road Interchange Project. For more information, the public can call the toll-free I-5 Hotline at (855) 454-6335 or visit www.I-5info.com