Thursday, April 26, 2012

Northbound I-5 Closure in San Fernando Valley

THIS POST HAS BEEN UPDATED! Rain this week has delayed the closure. See new dates below.
 
If you drive I-5 in the San Fernando Valley, this blog post is for you! Beginning next this Sunday, May 6, through June 1 May 24, northbound I-5 will be closed at night (11 p.m. to 5 a.m.) between Sheldon Street and Paxton Street, Friday and Saturday nights excepted. The following ramps in the area will also be closed during the freeway closure: 

    > Branford St. off-ramp
    > Osborne St. on- and off-ramps
    > Van Nuys Blvd. off-ramp

Why the closure? Crews will be working on the new carpool lane connector between I-5 and SR-170 and on the ramps. We don’t want you to get lost, so signed detours will be posted. Check out the map below for details.

As with all closures, there’s a chance the schedule could change. Rain, for example, can delay work. But we’ll do our best to keep things on track. 

Questions? Check out the I-5 website or give us a ring on the toll-free I-5 hotline at (855) 454-6335. We’re here to help.