Friday, May 25, 2012

FULL FREEWAY Closure: Northbound I-5 between Valley View and Carmenita

Caltrans will fully close northbound I-5 only between Valley View Avenue and Carmenita Road in La Mirada and Santa Fe Springs on Tuesday, May 29 beginning at 11:59 p.m. and continuing until 5 a.m. Wednesday.
The northbound I-5 on-ramps at Valley View Avenue and Alondra Boulevard will also be fully closed from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Motorists traveling northbound I-5 from Orange County will be detoured off the freeway at Valley View Ave. and onto Alondra Blvd.  Detour signs will be posted to re-enter northbound I-5 at the Carmenita Road on-ramp.  Southbound I-5 lanes and on-and off-ramps will be open.

The work involves re-striping lanes as part of the I-5 South Corridor Widening and HOV Projects to construct one carpool and one general purpose lane in each direction, realign and upgrade frontage roads, and reconstruct bridges from the Los Angeles/Orange County line to I-605.