Thursday, May 17, 2012

Long-Term I-10 Ramp Closures in Baldwin Park


If you travel I-10 in Baldwin Park, there are a couple of long-term ramp closures coming up that we’d like you to know about:

Eastbound I-10

Sunday, May 20, through Wednesday, May 30 - Baldwin Park Boulevard off-ramp

Westbound I-10

Thursday, May 24 through Saturday, September 1 – Frazier Street on-ramp

As is true of any freeway project, closures are subject to change.

And now some good news! The westbound Baldwin Park Boulevard South on-ramp to I-10, previously closed for construction, will open Thursday, May 24.

The closures are part of a $165 million project that’s adding a carpool lane in each direction of I-10 between I-605 and Puente Avenue. The project is on schedule to wrap up in late fall. More info is here.

As part of the project, Caltrans is also rebuilding the Bess pedestrian bridge. How exactly do you install a pedestrian bridge over a busy freeway? We're glad you asked! Check out the video below to find out.