Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Closure Advisory: Southbound I-5 Off-Ramp to Smokey Bear Road



If you use the southbound I-5 off-ramp to Smokey Bear Road in north Los Angeles County, this post is for you. The ramp will be closed from this Friday, August 3, at 6 p.m. to Friday, August 10, at 5 a.m. as part of a $100.1 million pavement improvement project between Vista Del Lago Road and the Kern County line. More info about the project is here.

The closure will be signed well in advance, and the southbound I-5 off-ramps directly north and south of Smokey Bear Road will be open. We’ll also post a detour that will direct you to Vista Del Lago Road.

For the safety of the construction crew, yourself, your passengers, and other motorists, please be attentive to closures, slow for the cone zone, and move over one lane where possible.

Lane closure information for this and other freeway projects is available on the Caltrans website here

You can find information about this and other I-5 projects on the I-5 website, or give us a ring on the toll-free I-5 hotline at 855-454-6335.