Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Northbound I-5 Closed Near Arleta Later This Week


If you use northbound I-5 in the San Fernando Valley, this post is for you.

There will be two nighttime closures of a short segment of northbound I-5 near Arleta later this week — July 12 and 13. The closures will be in place between midnight and 5 a.m. Traffic will be detoured off the freeway at Lankershim Boulevard and detoured back on at Paxton Street. (See map at right.)

The closures are necessary to allow crews to adjust temporary construction supports. The work is part of a project that’s building a new carpool lane between SR-118 and SR-170, and a new carpool lane connector between I-5 and SR-170. (More info about the project is here.)

We’ll sign the closure well in advance and post plenty of signs along the detour route so you won’t get lost.

For the safety of the construction crew and motorists, please slow for the cone zone, and move over one lane where possible.

Lane closure information for this and other freeway projects is available on the Caltrans website here. You can also find info on the I-5 website, or give us a ring on the toll-free I-5 hotline: 866.454.6335.