Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Northbound I-5 Closed Near Arleta Wednesday and Thursday Night


If you use northbound I-5 in the San Fernando Valley, this post is for you.

There will be two nighttime closures of a short segment of northbound I-5 near Arleta later this week — specifically, August 8 at midnight to August 9 at 5 a.m., and August 9 at midnight to August 10 at 5 a.m.

Traffic will be detoured off the freeway at Lankershim Boulevard and detoured back on at Paxton Street. (See map above.) We’ll sign the closure well in advance and post plenty of signs along the detour route so you won’t get lost.

The closures are necessary to allow crews to pour concrete for the new carpool connector between I-5 and SR-170. (More info about the project is here.)

Also, just a heads-up, there will be more full freeway night closures between mid-August and November when crews remove the temporary construction supports. Closure details will be posted on the I-5 website. You can also call the toll-free I-5 Hotline for more information at 866.454.6335.

For the safety of the construction crew and motorists, please slow for the cone zone, and move over one lane where possible.