Friday, October 19, 2012

I-5 South Corridor - FULL FREEWAY CLOSURES



Caltrans will conduct a series of brief and intermittent, FULL FREEWAY closures in the early morning hours on the northbound and southbound Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) between Valley View Avenue and Rosecrans Avenue for three nights Sunday through Tuesday, October 21, 22, 23, from midnight to 4 am. In the cities of La Mirada, Norwalk, and Santa Fe Springs.

The work involves relocating utility lines across the freeway.

The California Highway Patrol (CHP) will conduct traffic breaks for the FULL FREEWAY CLOSURES.  Each closure – three or four per night in each direction – will last approximately 7 to 10 minutes at hourly intervals.
 
• With CHP direction, motorists traveling northbound I-5 will have the option to exit at Valley View Ave, and motorists traveling southbound I-5 will have the option to exit at Rosecrans Ave.

• The northbound I-5 on-ramp at Alondra Boulevard will be fully closed.

• The CHP will intermittently close and hold traffic at the northbound I-5 on-ramp at Valley View Ave. and at the southbound I-5 on-ramp at Rosecrans Ave.
  
The I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects will construct one carpool and one general purpose lane in each direction, realign and upgrade adjacent frontage roads, and reconstruct bridges from the Los Angeles/Orange County line to Interstate 605.

Information about the I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects is available from the toll-free I-5 Hotline (855) 454-6335 or www.I-5info.com