Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Maintenance Closures on Golden State Freeway (I-5)

A Caltrans road crew repairs damaged pavement on a local freeway at night.
Today's Date: December 4, 2012   
District 7: Los Angeles & Ventura Counties      
Contact:  Patrick Chandler       
Phone:  213-897-3630
   
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Maintenance Closures on Golden State Freeway (I-5)


DOWNEY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will close the southbound San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605) connector road to the southbound Golden State Freeway (I-5) and up to three lanes of the northbound Golden State Freeway (I-5) between the I-5/I-605 interchange and Lakewood Boulevard to repair damaged pavement during the following days and times:

·    Dec. 6, Thursday, 10 p.m. to 5 a.m.
·    Dec. 7, Friday, 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.
·    Dec. 8, Saturday, 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.

Closures are weather permitting and subject to change.  Caltrans maintenance forces will also perform additional maintenance activities within the closure. 

The contractor on this $450,000 project is J. McLoughlin Engineering Construction, Inc. of Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.  This project is expected to finish by January 2013.
 
# # #