Friday, February 22, 2013

Full Closures on Santa Ana I-5 Begin Sunday

Caltrans will fully close one direction of the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) between the Artesia Fwy (SR 91) and the San Gabriel River Fwy (I-605) for 8 nights beginning Sunday night, February 24.  Only one direction of I-5 will be fully closed each night.  The overnight closures of the freeway, connector and ramps will affect I-5 Corridor motorists in the cities of La Mirada, Santa Fe Springs, Norwalk and Downey. 



The closures are as follows, weather permitting:  
Nightly, Sunday and Monday: February 24 & 25, March 3 &4Full Freeway Closure: southbound I-5 only from Rosecrans Ave to Carmenita Rd.
All southbound I-5 traffic must exit at the Rosecrans Ave off-ramp.
Connector Closure:  the southbound I-605 connector to southbound I-5 will be closed. Detour: reconnect to southbound I-5 using southbound I-605 to eastbound SR-91 to southbound I-5.
Southbound I-5 on-ramps will be fully closed at S. Firestone Blvd. and Rosecrans.
On northbound I-5, up to two lanes will be closed from Carmenita Rd. to Rosecrans.



Nightly, Tuesday and Wednesday: February 26 & 27, March 5 & 6Full Freeway Closure: northbound I-5 only from Carmenita Rd to Rosecrans Ave.
All northbound I-5 traffic must exit at the Carmenita Rd off-ramp.
Connector Closures:  Westbound SR-91 to northbound I-5.
Detour:  reconnect to northbound I-5 using westbound SR-91 to northbound I-605 to northbound I-5.
Northbound I-5 on-ramps will be fully closed at Valley View, Alondra and Carmenita
On southbound I-5, up to two lanes will be closed from San Antonio/Norwalk Blvd. to Carmenita.

Sign-up to receive email notifications on local street, freeway and ramp closures at the I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects Toll-Free Hotline (855) 454-6335 or www.I-5info.com
Caltrans district-wide freeway lane closure information can be accessed at www.lcswebreports.dot.ca.gov