Monday, February 25, 2013

Full Closures on Santa Ana I-5 in Norwalk

Thank you, Santa Ana Freeway motorists!  
With your patience and with a safe work environment, Caltrans had a successful start with its bridge demolition schedule last night (Sun. 2/24) for the Shoemaker Avenue Bridge in Norwalk.  Crews were able to demo two bridge decks from midnight to 5 a.m.   
Southbound I-5 was fully closed from Rosecrans Avenue to Carmenita Road and two lanes were closed on northbound I-5 within the same limits. One northbound lane was open to traffic. Here is some unedited video from the last night's scene:  

The same closures will be in place tonight, Mon. 2/25.  Then, on Tuesday and Wednesday night, the work and freeway lane and ramps closures will shift to northbound I-5:  
Nightly, Tuesday and Wednesday: February 26 & 27
  • Full Freeway Closure: northbound I-5 only
  • The full freeway closure extends from Carmenita Road to Rosecrans Avenue. 
  • All northbound I-5 traffic must exit at the Carmenita Road off-ramp.
  • Connector Closures:  Westbound SR-91 to northbound I-5. 
  • Detour: reconnect to northbound I-5 via westbound SR-91 to northbound I-605 to northbound I-5. 
  • Northbound I-5 on-ramps will be fully closed at Valley View, Alondra, and Carmenita. 
  • On southbound I-5, up to two lanes will be closed from San Antonio/Norwalk Blvd to Carmenita. 
Sign-up to receive email notifications on local street, freeway and ramp closures at the I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects Toll-Free Hotline (855) 454-6335 or www.I-5info.com 
Caltrans district-wide freeway lane closure information can be accessed at www.lcswebreports.dot.ca.gov