Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Southbound I-5 Closure Next Week — SR-170 to Sheldon Street


The new I-5/SR-170 connector will open in a month or so, and before that happens, crews need to remove the temporary structure supports, aka falsework, which looks like this:

For the safety of motorists and the crew, we’ll close a short stretch of southbound I-5 in the Arleta area next Tuesday night through early Wednesday morning. Southbound I-5 on-ramps at Terra Bella Street and Osborne Street will also be closed. Details:

Where: Southbound I-5 between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street.

When: March 5 at 11:59 p.m. through March 6 at 4 a.m.

You’ll be detoured off southbound I-5 at the I-5/SR-170 interchange and onto southbound SR-170. Motorists will re-enter southbound I-5 from Laurel Canyon Blvd. Detour signs will be posted. Here’s the map:


If you live in the area, you may hear construction noise during the closure, but it won’t last long, and we promise it won’t exceed levels allowed by state and federal regulations. You may also notice extra lighting and a temporary increase in traffic.

There will be additional closures of southbound I-5 to complete the falsework removal in a few weeks. Details will be posted on the I-5 website and here on the blog. And you can always call the toll-free I-5 Hotline for more information.

Posted by kelly.markham@dot.ca.gov