Friday, March 1, 2013

Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) Full Closures -- Again

Caltrans will  fully close one direction of I-5 each night on Sunday, March 3, Wednesday March 6 and Sunday, March 10 between the San Gabriel River Freeway (Interstate 605) and the Artesia Freeway (State Route 91).

Demolition work began on 2/24 with deck removal.   Next week, we'll remove the bridge girders and bents.  Here's what the Shoemaker Avenue Bridge looks like today:


The closure schedule is:
Full Freeway Closure: S/B I-5   Sunday March 3 from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. 
• Southbound I-5 only from San Antonio/Norwalk Blvd to Rosecrans Avenue.
All southbound I-5 traffic must exit at the San Antonio/Norwalk Blvd. off-ramp.
Motorists can re-enter Southbound I-5 at Carmenita Road on-ramp.
• Connector Closure:  the southbound I-605 connector to southbound I-5

Full Freeway Closure: N/B I-5     Wed. 3/6 and Sun. 3/10 from 11 p.m.-5 a.m. 

• Northbound I-5 only from Carmenita Road to Rosecrans Avenue.
All northbound I-5 traffic must exit at the Carmenita Road off-ramp.
• Connector Closures:  Westbound SR-91 to northbound I-5.

The full closures allow crews to continue to safely demolish the Shoemaker Avenue Bridge, as part of the $214 million I-5 HOV/Rosecrans-Bloomfield-Shoemaker Bridges Project to add one carpool lane and one general purpose lane.

Sign-up to receive email notifications at the I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects Toll-Free Hotline (855) 454-6335 or www.I-5info.com Caltrans district-wide freeway lane closure information can be accessed at www.lcswebreports.dot.ca.gov