Thursday, May 9, 2013

I-5 Closure Near Arleta Tonight, Next Week for Connector Work



The new northbound SR-170 to northbound I-5 connector is NOW OPEN as of Wednesday morning (YAY!), but we still have some work to finish up that will require a short section of I-5 to be closed tonight and early next week. The closure area is less than a mile, and both freeway directions will NOT be closed at the same time.

Northbound I-5 will be closed between Sheldon Street and Osborne Street, and southbound I-5 will be closed between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street. During the southbound closure, the southbound I-5 on-ramps at Terra Bella Street and Osborne Street will also be closed. Detour signs will be posted so you don't get lost. Details:  

Where

Northbound I-5 between Sheldon Street and Osborne Street

Southbound I-5 between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street

When

Northbound I-5 Closure

Thursday night, May 9, through Friday morning, May 10, 2013

TIME: 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Southbound I-5 Closure

Monday night, May 13, through Tuesday morning, May 14, and Tuesday night, May 14, through Wednesday morning, May 15, 2013

TIME: 11:59 p.m. to 4 a.m.

DETOURS

Northbound I-5 detour: Traffic will be detoured off the freeway at Lankershim Blvd. and onto San Fernando Road. Motorists will re-enter northbound I-5 from Osborne Street. Detour signs will be posted.

Southbound I-5 detour: Traffic will be detoured off I-5 at the I-5/SR-170 interchange and onto southbound SR-170. Motorists will reenter southbound I-5 from Laurel Canyon Blvd. Detour signs will be posted. 


More info about the project is here.

Questions? Check out the I-5 website or call us on the toll-free I-5 Hotline at (855) 454-6335.