Friday, June 7, 2013

Southbound I-5 Between SR-170 and Sheldon Street Closed Saturday Night



If you’re planning to use southbound I-5 in the Arleta area this Saturday night, this post is for you.

Saturday night into early Sunday morning (June 8 – 9), crews will demolish the old northbound I-5/SR-170 connector, requiring an overnight closure of southbound I-5 between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street, as well as night closures of southbound I-5 on-ramps at Terra Bella Street and Osborne Street. Additionally, the westbound and eastbound SR-118 connectors to southbound I-5 will be closed. But If you’re traveling on eastbound and westbound SR-118 and not connecting to southbound I-5, you won’t be impacted. Details:

WHERE

> Southbound I-5 between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street
> Westbound SR-118/I-5 connector to southbound I-5
> Eastbound SR-118/I-5 connector to southbound I-5

WHEN

Saturday night, June 8, at 11 p.m. to Sunday morning, June 9, at 9 a.m.

DETOUR

 
The work is part of a project that’s constructing a carpool lane on I-5 between SR-118 and SR-170, a new northbound connector between I-5 and SR-170, and a new carpool lane connector between I-5 and SR-170. More info about the project is here.

Questions? Check out the I-5 website or call us on the toll-free I-5 hotline at (855) 454-6335.