Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Southbound I-5 Closures Next Week Near Arleta



If you use I-5 in the Arleta area, there are some closures coming up next week that we want you to know about. Crews will continue demolishing the portion of the old I-5/SR-170 connector that sits partially over southbound I-5. So, to protect motorists, we’ll be closing southbound I-5 for three nights (June 23 – 26) between Osborne Street and Sheldon Street. Southbound I-5 on-ramps at Terra Bella Street and Osborne Street will also be closed, as well as the westbound and eastbound SR-118 connectors to southbound I-5. Details:

CLOSURE LOCATIONS

   > Southbound I-5 between Osborne Street and Sheldon Street
   > Westbound SR-118/I-5 connector to southbound I-5
   > Eastbound SR-118/I-5 connector to southbound I-5
   > Southbound I-5 on-ramps at Terra Bella Street and Osborne Street

DATES/TIMES

Sunday night, June 23, through Wednesday morning, June 26, 11:59 p.m. to 4 a.m. 

Detours will be signed. Map below. See it larger here.


In addition to the full closure on the southbound side of the freeway June 23 26, there will also be lane closures of southbound I-5 at night through June 28 — sometimes up to three lanes between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m. You’ll be able to get through, but if you’re traveling late at night or very early in the morning, southbound I-5 may be down to a lane or two.

If you live in the area, you may hear some construction noise. Crews are doing demo work, which can be noisy because it’s hard to break up massive chunks of concrete quietly. But the noise will NOT exceed levels allowed by state and federal regulations. Inspectors are on site to make sure it doesn't. Still, we apologize in advance for any disrupted sleep and general irritation that stems from living close to a large freeway construction project.

Questions? Comments? Rants? Call us on the toll-free I-5 Info Line at 855.454.6335 or shoot us an email through the I-5 website: I-5info.com.