Friday, June 21, 2013

Southbound I-5 Full Freeway Closure Tonight

Alondra Bridge Demolition continues

 

Caltrans continues demolition work tonight Friday, June 21, from 10 p.m. through Saturday morning at 8 a.m. on the Santa Ana Freeway (Interstate 5) Alondra Boulevard Bridge. The work involves the demolition of the eastern half of the structure. 
A second work shift takes place at the same time on Saturday night, June 22 through Sunday morning.   Full freeway closures - in one direction only - between Carmenita Road and Valley View Avenue will be in effect during the demolition work that will continue each weekend through July, except on July 5 and 6.

 

 Friday, June 21 - 10 p.m. to 8 a.m.  and Saturday, June 22 - 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. Southbound I-5  Full Freeway Closure:  11:59 a.m. to 7 a.m. - between Carmenita Road and Valley View Avenue. 

All southbound I-5 motorists must exit at the Carmenita Road off-ramp.
·        10 p.m. - southbound I-5 lanes begin to close.  One lane will close at hourly intervals between Carmenita Rd and Valley View Ave.   By midnight, the full freeway closure will be in place.
Southbound I-5 Ramps Closed: 11 p.m. to 8 a.m.- on-ramps at Rosecrans Ave and Carmenita Rd.
Northbound I-5 Lanes Closed: 2 a.m. - 5 a.m. Two lanes on northbound I-5 between Carmenita Rd and Valley View Ave will be closed for the safety of crews and motorists during demolition work.
Southbound I-605/Southbound I-5 Connector Fully Closed:
·        11 p.m. to 7 a.m.-Southbound I-605 connector to southbound I-5. 
Detour:  Motorists will be detoured to use southbound I-605 to eastbound SR-91 to southbound I-5.