Monday, July 15, 2013

I-5/SR-2 Tanker Fire Aftermath: What’s Open and Closed




Crews are shoring up the damaged tunnel beneath I-5 following Saturday's tanker fire.
 
Northbound I-5 at SR-2 remains closed this morning after a tanker fire Saturday morning seriously damaged the tunnel beneath I-5. Here’s what’s open and closed as of 8 a.m. this morning:

OPEN

Northbound I-5 is open at Glendale Boulevard.

The northbound SR-2 connector to southbound I-5 is open.

Southbound SR-2 is open through Glendale Boulevard.

The southbound SR-2 to southbound I-5 connector is open.

CLOSED

Northbound I-5 (all lanes) is closed at SR-2. The detour is northbound SR-2 to westbound SR-134 and back to northbound I-5.

The northbound I-5 connector to southbound SR-2 is closed.

The northbound SR-2 connector to northbound I-5 is closed.

The two left lanes of southbound I-5 are closed from Los Feliz to Stadium Way.