Monday, July 1, 2013

North I-5 Openings and Closings Roundup




With July 4th fast approaching, there are a few openings and closures on I-5 in the northern-ish part of LA County we’d like you to know about just in case you’re planning a holiday road trip.

First, some openings.

> Normal construction closures will be suspended between July 3 at 6 a.m. and July 5 at 11:59 p.m. Long-term closures will remain in effect and accidents may prompt emergency closures, but there will be no planned construction-related closures. We want you to be able to get where you’re going over the holiday as quickly and easily as possible.

> The Gorman Road on-ramp to northbound I-5 will open July 3 at 10 a.m.

Now, some closures.

> The Smokey Bear Road on- and off-ramps to northbound I-5 will be closed July 8 to July 25 for paving work. 

> Southbound I-5 will be closed between Osborne and Sheldon streets July 1 to July 3, 11:59 p.m. to 4 a.m. The SR-118 connectors will also be impacted. Detour below. More info and a bigger map are here.


Questions? Call us on the I-5 info Line at (855) 454-6335 or shoot us an email through the I-5 website.