Friday, September 20, 2013

Santa Ana I-5 Full Freeway and Connector Closures

Full freeway, connector and ramp closures on northbound and southbound Santa Ana Freeway (Interstate 5) will take place overnight next week in the City of Norwalk to install bridge falsework, or temporary wood formwork, for the new Shoemaker Avenue Bridge.   

Southbound I-5  FULL FREEWAY CLOSURES
•    Overnight, Monday, Sept. 23 to Tues. a.m.  9/24 - 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m.
•    Overnight, Tuesday, Sept. 24 to Wed  a.m.  9/25 - 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Closed Lanes:  All lanes on southbound I-5, and up to two lanes on northbound I-5, between Rosecrans Ave. and Carmenita Road.

Closed Ramp:  southbound I-5 on-ramp at Rosecrans Ave.  -   7 p.m. to 6 a.m

Closed Freeway Connector:  southbound I-605 to southbound I-5 - 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Suggested detour: motorists travelling on southbound I-605 can continue on SB I-605 to eastbound State Route 91, then reconnect to southbound I-5.



Northbound I-5  FULL FREEWAY CLOSURES 
•    Overnight, Wednesday, Sept. 25 to Thurs a.m. 9/26  - 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m.
•    Overnight, Thursday, Sept. 26 to Fri. a.m.  9/27  - 11:59 p.m. to 5 a.m.

Closed Lanes:  All lanes on northbound I-5 from Carmenita Rd to Rosecrans Ave.,  and up to two lanes on southbound I-5, from San Antonio Dr. to Carmenita Rd.

Closed Ramps: northbound I-5 on-ramps at Valley View Ave. and Carmenita Rd. - 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.

Closed Freeway Connector:  westbound SR-91 to northbound I-5  -  9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Suggested detour: motorists traveling on westbound SR-91 can continue on WB 91 to northbound I-605 then reconnect to northbound I-5.



The construction is part of the $1.6 billion I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects to widen the freeway by adding one general purpose lane and one High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) or carpool lane, in both directions from the Los Angeles County/Orange County line to I-605.

Freeway Traffic Information:  For timely, accurate and accessible real-time freeway traffic information and travel times, visit Caltrans Quick Map http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/ Caltrans Quick Map