Thursday, September 5, 2013

Southbound I-5 Closed at Night in Arleta, Sept. 8 - 11




If you travel southbound I-5 at night in the San Fernando Valley, there are multiple freeway closures coming up that we want you to know about.

Southbound I-5 will be closed between Osborne Street and Sheldon Street during the nights of September 8, 9 and 10 while crews transfer equipment across the freeway and pour concrete for the new I-5/SR-170 HOV connector.

Additionally, the southbound I-5 on-ramps at Terra Bella Street and Osborne Street will be closed, as will the the westbound and eastbound SR-118 connectors to southbound I-5. Motorists traveling on eastbound and westbound SR-118 and not connecting to southbound I-5 will NOT be impacted. Details:

CLOSURE LOCATIONS

Southbound I-5 between Osborne Street and Sheldon Street
Westbound SR-118 connector to southbound I-5 
Eastbound SR-118 connector to southbound I-5 

WHEN 

Sunday night, September 8, through Wednesday morning, September, 11, 2013 
11:59 p.m. to 4 a.m. (Nights only, no day closures.) 

DETOURS

Westbound SR-118: Traffic will be detoured off the freeway at San Fernando Rd., continue south on San Fernando Rd., and re-enter southbound I-5. 

Eastbound SR-118: Traffic will be detoured off the freeway at Laurel Canyon Blvd., continue south on Laurel Canyon Blvd., and re-enter southbound I-5.   

Southbound I-5: Traffic will be detoured off I-5 at Osborne Street, continue south on Arleta Ave., travel east on Sheldon St., south on Laurel Canyon  Blvd., and re-enter southbound I-5 from Laurel Canyon Blvd.

Here's the map:


Questions? Check out I-5info.com or call us on the toll-free I-5 Info Line at (855) 454-6335.