Monday, September 30, 2013

Traffic Alert: Five and Dime (I-5/I-10) Interchange To Close for "Swarm" Maintenance in East Los Angeles

Caltrans will deploy 200 personnel and community service workers for “swarm” maintenance on Sunday, October 6 in closed sections of the I-5/I-10 interchange from 5 a.m. to 12 p.m.  Crews will remove litter and graffiti, trim trees, clear weeds, repair guardrail and irrigation, re-stripe the roadway, re-lamp overhead lights, and replace signs.  

Motorist should expect delays.  Signed detours will be in place.

The closures will occur at the following locations:

Connectors
Westbound I-10 to northbound I-5 connector
Southbound I-5 to eastbound I-10 connector

Ramps
Southbound I-5 Mission off-ramp
Westbound I-10 State Street off-ramp
Northbound I-5 State Street on-ramp
Northbound I-5 Marengo Street on-ramp
Southbound I-5 Mission onramp
Eastbound I-10 Mission on-ramp

Generally, crews only have a short closure window within the I-5/I-10 interchange.  By increasing the window to seven hours and placing hundreds of personnel into one closure, crews will be able accomplish several tasks all at once. 


Please use quickmap.dot.ca.gov for up-to-date freeway conditions.