Thursday, October 24, 2013

NORTHBOUND SANTA ANA (I-5) WEEKEND CLOSURE

Coming on November 16 to 18

Caltrans will conduct an extended weekend closure on the northbound Santa Ana Freeway (Interstate 5) from Valley View Avenue to Carmenita Road beginning Saturday, November 16 at 12:01 a.m. through Monday, Nov. 18 at 5 a.m. in La Mirada and Santa Fe Springs.  

Although the weekend closure includes only one northbound I-5 lane, one freeway connector and one on-ramp, motorists could experience 60- to 90-minute delays on northbound I-5 from Orange County to I-605 at various times throughout the weekend unless 40% to 50% of weekend motorists divert to use alternate routes or avoid I-5 in this area altogether. 

WEEKEND CLOSURE: Sat., Nov. 16 at 12:01 a.m. to Mon., Nov. 18 at 5 a.m. 
CLOSED continuously throughout the weekend will be:
•one of three lanes on northbound I-5 from Valley View Ave. to Carmenita Rd.;
•the freeway connector transition from westbound State Route 91 to northbound I-5;
•the northbound I-5 on-ramp at Valley View Ave. (begins Friday, Nov. 15 at 8 p.m.)

Two directional FULL FREEWAY CLOSURES on northbound I-5 ONLY from Valley View Avenue to Carmenita Road, will take place overnight Saturday and Sunday.  Each full freeway closure will last from four to seven hours.
•Overnight, Saturday, Nov. 16: 12:01 a.m. to 7 a.m.
•Overnight, Monday, Nov. 18:  1 a.m. to 5 a.m.

OPEN:  All (3 of 3) southbound I-5 lanes will remain open for motorists throughout the weekend from Carmenita Road to Valley View Avenue. 

The public is encouraged to sign-up to receive email notifications on freeway lane and ramp closures and local city street closures by calling the I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects Toll-Free Information line at (855) 454-6335 or by visiting www.I-5info.com