Friday, October 11, 2013

Part of San Fernando Blvd. in Burbank to Close Sunday Night

This coming Sunday night into Monday morning, crews will be removing the utility lines attached to the Victory Place Bridge in preparation for a major I-5 freeway and railroad improvement project to begin in mid-2014, commonly known as the Empire Project. (More info about the project is here.) This is a continuation of the work that began last Sunday.


For the safety of motorists and construction crews, there will be a temporary full street closure of San Fernando Boulevard under I-5. The northbound I-5 Lincoln Street off-ramp and San Fernando Boulevard on-ramp to southbound I-5 will also be temporarily closed. Flagmen will be on site. The detour will be posted. Details:

Closure Locations

  San Fernando Boulevard under I-5
  Northbound I-5 Lincoln Street off-ramp
  San Fernando Boulevard on-ramp to southbound I-5

See larger map here.

When

Sunday night, October 13, at 9 p.m. through Monday morning, October 14, at 6 a.m.  

Alternate Ramps

Northbound I-5 alternate off-ramp: Buena Vista Street
Southbound I-5 alternate on-ramp: Burbank Boulevard

Questions? Check out I-5info.com or call us on the I-5 Info Line at (855) 454.6335.