|Contractor staff doing a pre-job inspection.|
“We understand that the closure of any part of the freeway system can inconvenience motorists,” said Acting District 7 Director Carrie Bowen. “We have an ambitious and aggressive construction schedule in place to safely open this connector before Christmas.”
The following solutions will be used to repair the connector:
|Caltrans engineers meeting with the contractor during a pre-job meeting.|
- Hydrodemolition will remove any degraded concrete from the surface of the structure.
- Shotcrete is a concrete slurry that is sprayed at a high velocity to fill damaged voids.
- Epoxy injections will help seal cracks in the concrete and provide additional strength to the structure.
- Carbon fiber wrapping will help add strength to the outrigger beams on the north side of the connector.
- Repave the damaged roadway.
- Upgrade the connector’s lighting, metal beam guardrail, and add anti-graffiti coated paint.