Thursday, November 7, 2013

Night Closures of Southbound I-5 in Arleta




November 5 through December 20, 2013, crews will be busy installing temporary construction supports for the new I-5/SR-170 HOV connector. For the safety of motorists and the crew, southbound I-5 will be closed between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. 

The detour will be posted. Here's the map:

 

Traffic flows pretty smoothly when this closure is implemented (we've closed this stretch previously with no issues), but if you'll be traveling this segment of southbound I-5 at night over the next six weeks, check the Caltrans QuickMap before you leave to get real-time traffic info. Another option: 511, which will give you travel times. 
 
This work is part of a project that's building carpool lanes in both directions of I-5 between SR-118 and SR-170, and (as mentioned above) an HOV connector at the I-5/SR-170 interchange. More info about the project is here.

Questions? Call us on the toll-free I-5 Info Line at (855) 454-6335 or check out I-5info.com.