Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Night Closures on I-5 in Arleta



There are a couple of night closures of I-5 between SR-170 and SR-118 in January and February that we’d like to remind you about. Both are related to the carpool lane project in the area.

Between the I-5/SR-170 Interchange and Sheldon Street

Ongoing through February 2014, crews will continue transferring material and constructing the new I-5/SR-170 HOV connector. For the safety of motorists, this work requires intermittent night closures (11 p.m. to 4 a.m.) of southbound I-5 between the I-5/SR-170 interchange and Sheldon Street. Here’s the detour:


 Between SR-118 and Van Nuys Boulevard

Through early February 2014, crews will demolish the existing median barrier on I-5 between Van Nuys Boulevard and SR-118. For the safety of motorists, this work must be conducted at night (8 p.m. to 6 a.m.). The two lanes closest to the median, on both sides of the freeway, will be closed during the night work. Here’s a map of the construction/closure zone:


More info about both of these closures is available on the I-5 website. 

Closure information for this and other freeway projects is available on the Caltrans website

For real-time traffic information, visit quickmap.dot.ca.gov, go511.com, or call 5-1-1.