Monday, April 7, 2014

I-5 Full Freeway Closure This Weekend in Burbank (But It's a Short One!)



If you’ll be driving I-5 in Burbank very late this coming Saturday/very early Sunday morning, take note: the entire freeway will be closed for about two hours. Details below.

What: I-5 will be closed in both directions between Buena Vista Street and Lincoln Street in Burbank on Sunday, April 13, 2014, 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.


When: Lane closures will begin at 11:59 p.m. on April 12. All lanes will be closed by 2 a.m. on April 13 and will open by 4 a.m.

Why: The closure is necessary to ensure the safety of motorists and crews while overhead utility lines are removed as part of the Empire Project. More info about the project is here.

Alternate Routes: To avoid delays, consider using SR-170 instead of I-5. Motorists heading northbound on I-5 can take westbound SR-134 to northbound SR-170. Those traveling southbound can take southbound SR-170 at the I-5/SR-170 interchange, and then eastbound SR-134 to pick up southbound I-5.

Detour: A clearly marked detour will direct motorists who are diverted off I-5 during the closure and those seeking to access the freeway from local streets.

Signs: Electronic freeway signs will provide advance warning to motorists to allow them to avoid the closure area if desired.

Questions? Check on out the closure notification here, or call us on the I-5 Info Line at 855.454.6335.