Friday, July 18, 2014

I-10 HOV Project Construction Notice - Azusa Avenue

Beginning Monday, July 21 motorists using Azusa Avenue in West Covina may notice construction workers and equipment set up where the street intersects I-10 . The work is part of the $193 million High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV or carpool) lane construction project, where a lane is being constructed in each direction of I-10 between Puente Avenue and Citrus Street.
Although not a full street closure, motorists visiting local businesses may experience delays. Intermittent access to and from I-10 at Azusa Avenue will be affected. Detour signs will be posted. Work along Azusa Avenue is expected to continue through early 2015.
Pedestrian access will remain available throughout construction.

For project information or to sign up to receive weekly closure notices, please visit the I-10 HOV project webpage.
Caltrans reminds you to “Slow For the Cone Zone”