Plan now for an upcoming Extended Weekend Closure (55-Hours) on Friday through Monday, September 26-29, on the Santa Ana Freeway (Interstate 5) in both directions from Alondra Blvd. to Valley View Ave in Norwalk and Santa Fe Springs.
southbound I-605 to southbound I-5; and westbound SR-91 to northbound I-5.
• Overnight, (Fri. 9/26) Saturday morning, 1 a.m. to 7 a.m., expect a full freeway closure.
• On Sat. & Sun., 9/27 & 9/28, from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m., two of 3 lanes closed in each direction.
• Then, overnight, from 1 a.m. to 7 a.m., more full freeway closures within these limits.
• Sunday night, 9/28, from 1 a.m. to 5 a.m., a final full freeway closure.
• The Extended Weekend Closure ends Monday morning 9/29 at 5 a.m.
Alternate Routes: Motorists are advised to use alternate ways around the closure to avoid delays. Suggested detours are Routes SB-710, EB/WB-105, NB/SB-605, EB/WB-22 and NB-57.
What to Expect: The purpose of the weekend closure is to prepare the roadway for a traffic shift. On Monday morning, 9/29, southbound I-5 mainline traffic will shift onto the center of the roadway and the existing southbound lanes will become the new work zone. Also, the southbound I-5 Alondra Blvd. on-ramp will permanently close.
The work is part of the $1.8 billion Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) South Corridor Improvement Projects to construct one carpool and one general purpose lane in each direction from the Los Angeles/Orange County line to Interstate 605. The motoring public, residents and businesses are encouraged to sign-up for notification on street, lane and ramp closures by calling the toll-free I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects information line (855) 454-6335 or by visiting www.I-5info.com