Santa Ana Freeway (Interstate 5) Closures Sept. 21-25
• SB-5 Full Freeway Closures
• NB-5 Partial Freeway Closures
• SB-605/SB-5 Connector Closures
Caltrans will conduct nightly, overnight full directional freeway closures, partial freeway closures and connector closures on the Santa Ana Freeway (Interstate 5), Sunday through Thursday, September 21 to 25, from 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m., from Norwalk Boulevard to Carmenita Road in Norwalk and Santa Fe Springs.
Each night, the following will occur:
• 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., two of three lanes on northbound I-5 will be closed from Alondra Boulevard to Rosecrans Ave;
• 11 p.m. to 5 a.m., the southbound I-605 connector to southbound I-5 will be fully closed;
• 12:01 a.m. to 5 a.m., full directional freeway closures (3 of 3 lanes) on southbound I-5 from Norwalk Blvd. to Carmenita Rd;
• This series of nightly closures end on Friday morning, 9/25 at 5 a.m.
• Those motorists travelling on southbound I-605 who wish to connect to SB-5, will be directed to use the Artesia Freeway (State Route 91) to detour around the closure.
• The California Highway Patrol will be on scene for traffic control, enforcement and to enhance construction zone safety. Please Slow for the Cone Zone.
• The work involves paving the center median and installing falsework, the temporary wood structure, for the new Carmenita Road Bridge.
• Northbound I-5 Carmenita on-ramp is closed until mid-2016. Use NB I-5 Rosecrans on-ramp.
• Southbound I-5 Alondra Blvd. on-ramp will permanently close beginning 9/26.
• Southbound I-5 Imperial Highway on-ramp is permanently closed.
• Southbound I-5 Imperial Highway off-ramp is closed. A new ramp will reopen the week of 9/29.
• Southbound I-5 Rosecrans Avenue on-/off-ramps are closed through mid-2015.
The work is part of the $1.8 billion Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) South Corridor Improvement Projects to construct one carpool and one general purpose lane in each direction from the Los Angeles/Orange County line to Interstate 605. The motoring public, residents and businesses are encouraged to sign-up for notification on street, lane and ramp closures by calling the toll-free I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects information line (855) 454-6335 or by visiting www.I-5info.com