Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Easy Ways to Stay In the Know About I-5 Construction

Anyone who commutes on I-5 knows that there is a LOT of freeway construction underway. Most of the work involves widening for carpool lanes, but there are other improvements in progress as well: new interchanges, ramp reconfigurations, grade separations, bike lanes, and much more. The work is concentrated in two areas: I-5 in the Glendale/Burbank area, and between I-605 and the Orange County line. 

Freeway construction, of course, means closures and detours and sometimes delays. But it doesn’t have to mean surprises. We provide a number of tools to help you stay informed about what's happening on I-5 so you can make smart choices about your commuting options: 

My5LA.com: This site offers one-stop shopping for all things I-5—construction info, closure lists, photos, maps and more.

The weekly advisory: Sign up here to receive a weekly email advisory about upcoming closures and construction activities on I-5.

@My5LA: The I-5 Twitter feed. News you need about construction activity on I-5 in bite-size chunks. 

QuickMap: The Caltrans QuickMap provides real-time traffic info that shows you where the trouble spots are so you can plan your route accordingly. 

Planned Closure Lists: This tool allows you to check lane, ramp and connector closures throughout District 7 (Los Angeles and Ventura counties).

Still have questions? Call us anytime on the I-5 Info Line at (855) 454-6335. Please note that this line is for I-5 construction questions only. For all other questions, call Public Affairs at (213) 897-3656.