Caltrans opened San Gabriel Canyon Road (SR-39) on Friday, April 22 at 3 p.m. to the public.San Gabriel Cyn Rd (39) in @Angeles_NF opened at 3p today, n/o East Fork after being closed since 1/6. @LACoFDPIO pic.twitter.com/iVFm7V0vQT— Caltrans District 7 (@CaltransDist7) April 22, 2016
|Repaired slope, looking southward|
- Five washed out slopes were rebuilt and stabilized.
- Roadside debris basins have been cleared.
- Fiber mesh has been installed on the slopes to prevent future erosion from heavy rains.
- 1,000 to 1,500 feet of asphalt concrete berms were reconstructed on the shoulder.
- One hundred feet of the highway was repaved.
- Nearly 2,000 feet of rip rap (rocks) was installed to prevent water and debris flows from damaging the slopes during heavy rains.
- Over 10,000 yards of dirt was hauled out or used to rebuild slopes and berms.
- The highway was restriped.
- During heavy rains in January, mud and debris flows blocked drainage systems and washed out support slopes along the highway (post mile 28.0 to post mile 31.0) in the Cabin fire burn area.
Please Be Work Zone Alert.
|Repaired pavement, berms, and slopes|