Monday, July 10, 2017

Tunnel Upgrades on Foothill Freeway (I-210)



 

Tunnel improvements are coming to Foothill Freeway (I-210) in Pasadena.

Another I-210 freeway closure? Yes, that’s right. Sometimes closures can be tough and inconvenient, but they are necessary to maintain the state’s transportation infrastructure.

Caltrans will bring new tunnel upgrades on the westbound I-210 to southbound SR-110 connector. The tunnel will be repainted and the lighting system will be upgraded to enhance safety.

Closure information:
Beginning July 10, 2017, westbound I-210 connector to southbound SR-110/Del Mar Boulevard and California Boulevard exit will close daily, Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and will continue through August.

Detour signs will be posted. Motorists should expect delays, are advised to consider alternate routes, plan ahead and check traffic conditions before traveling.

These closures are part of a $148.5 million pavement rehabilitation project. Closures are subject to change.

For additional project information please visit I-210 Pavement Rehabilitation Project

Caltrans reminds you to “Be Work Zone Alert.”