The intersection of Alondra Boulevard/Freeway Drive in the city of Santa Fe Springs will be fully closed for about seven months - beginning Friday, August 2 at 8 a.m., through mid-Feb. 2014.
An aggressive 7-day work week schedule will vary from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. begins next week in this work zone for the these construction activities:
- underground utility relocation;
- retaining wall construction;
- expedite the daily movement of construction materials across the roadway;
- drive piles for reconstruction of the Alondra Blvd. Bridge; and
- construct a temporary northbound I-5 on-ramp at Freeway Dr., that is scheduled to open to motorists in mid-October. It will temporarily replace the northbound I-5 on-ramp at Alondra Blvd. (permanently closed in June) until the new ramp is complete.
Other ongoing closures and activities in this area include:
- Alondra Blvd.- between Freeway Dr. and Marquardt Ave.- is closed until mid/late 2014;
- the northbound I-5 on-ramp at Alondra Blvd. is permanently closed; and
- Alondra Blvd. Bridge reconstruction.
The intersection closure will minimize the impacts of construction and increase the safety of motorists, pedestrians and work crews. Local commuters are encouraged to use the marked detours on Valley View Ave., Artesia Blvd., and Carmenita Road. Please consider the closures and detours in your commute and allow extra travel time to arrive at your destination.
The work is part of the Santa Ana Freeway (I-5) HOV Widening and Alondra Boulevard Bridge Project to construct one carpool and one general purpose lane in each direction and reconstruct the Alondra Blvd. Bridge.
Sign-up to receive info on street, lane and ramp closures by calling the toll-free I-5 South Corridor Improvement Projects Hotline (855) 454-6335 or visiting www.I-5info.com